Get a bike in store with us Tax free!
We are part of a number of schemes that offer you great tax free savings.
Choose from top name brands such as Merida, Pashley, Ridgeback, Gt, Mongoose, Raleigh, Viking, Probike the list is endless. We also provide safety helmets, locks, lights, mudguards, pannier racks, clothing and much more.
Pay monthly direct from your gross salary and save income tax and national insurance.
Each employer will have its own terms and conditions regarding the cyclescheme please speak to your HR department or employer to see if you qualify and contact us or visit us in store to purchase a bicycle.
What is a Cyclescheme?
Cyclescheme is part of the government’s green travel plan. Cyclescheme enables you as an employee to get a bike tax-free, saving on average about half the cost.
- Save money £££
- Get healthier, fitter and burn calories
- Beat the traffic save on car costs!
- Get a great bicycle of your choice from Portsmouth Cycle-Exchange in store
How much can i save?
How much you save depends on your budget see a below example of a bike that cost’s £400 including a helmet and accessories.
Spend £400 and you could save about: £128.00
On travel costs, you could save each year: £1,175
What service will I get?
You will be dealt with by industry professionals that can help, assist and deal with any enquiry or purchase you may have. You can view all bicycles and products via our online catalogues or instore. Should you need any help do not hesitate to contact us via our enquiry form, telephone or email.
Why not visit us in store and view our bicycle and accessory range located at 4-8 Gothic Buildings, Victoria Rd North, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO5 1PH c/o Portsmouth cycle-exchange.co.uk
* Please note not all items may be available in -store on the day of your visit due to Cycle-Exchange retailing thousands of items and stock being sold daily. However, you can check availability by calling 023 9283 2066 or Email: [email protected] where the team at Portsmouth Cycle-Exchange will be happy to check the stock and order the chosen item in store for you.
How do I get my bike instore?
Visit us in store and choose your bike and accessories with the help of one of our sales team. We promote SEE, TRY and BUY when it comes to purchasing a bicycle!
Remember to mention Cyclescheme and we can provide you with your written quotation on the day of your visit.
We will then provide you with a paper quotation for you to provide to your employer. Once you have requested a secure certificate, we will confirm eligibility and approve the request. A hire agreement is then sent to you the employee to sign.
- Once you have been provided with your secure certificate please provide us with the secure certificate in store along with A copy of photo I.D (Passport / Driving License) and copy of a utility bill.
We will then contact you to confirm when your bicycle is available for collection from us in store, subject to availability.
Please note all bicycles are fully built and ready to ride away with a free service, all discounts have been applied to cyclescheme purchases.
I need help?
Telephone: Sales: 023 9283 2066 or Email: [email protected]
We look forward to being of service and helping you get the bike that is right for you, please feel free to contact us with any questions or advice you may need.
Please note that the scheme is available to UK tax payers who pay PAYE. Self-employed workers cannot take part in the scheme.